Online Backup Service
The most reliable way to protect your data!
Why is data backup important? Did you know that data loss costs US businesses billions of dollars each year? And, that nearly 50 percent of small and medium-sized businesses that are directly affected by a fire or natural disaster go out of business within 5 years?
Whether you've considered it or not, your company's data may be its most valuable resource and is, most likely, critical to its survival. That is why it is so important to take every measure possible to protect and preserve that resource.
What is Online Backup? Online Backup is similar to a traditional backup except that, instead of storing your files on tape, your data is sent over the Internet to our secure backup servers. Your data is encrypted for security and privacy and compressed to save space and transmission time. Online Backup can be used with either dial-up or broadband internet connections. Online Backup is a monthly service that takes the worry and hassle out of data backup.
What's wrong with tape backup?
- Hardware: The tape drive must be working properly.
- Media: Tapes must be in good shape and replaced regularly. Do you know how old your tapes are?
- Software: The tape backup software must be configured properly.
- Backup Rotation: A proper backup rotation is necessary.
- Maintenance: Tape drives must be cleaned regularly.
- Storage: To protect against fire, flood, water damage, or theft tapes should be stored off-site regularly.
- Verification: The best way to know if a backup is working properly is to occasionally restore a few of your critical files from tape to be sure they can be retrieved.
What's wrong with tape backup?
- You always have a reliable backup of your critical data.
- Never buy replacement tapes or disks.
- There is no worry over lost, damaged, or worn out tapes.
- Your backup is stored off-site, so you're protected against data loss due to sabotage, fire, theft, flood, or other disasters.
- You have quick access to your stored data files through easy-to-use software.
- Easily restore current or historical data.
- You can check the log files daily to ensure your backup is complete.
Why do you need REMOTE BACKUP?
Most small businesses put their lives on the line every day and don't realize it. With businesses depending more and more on the data stored on their computers, proper backups are becoming much more critical. Remote backups accomplish several essential steps that are often overlooked or done improperly by other backup software, especially the regular non-automated back up systems.
1. Backups are done on schedule every night. Most businesses don't do this. For one reason or another they don't keep a regular backup regimen. Usually it's because the person responsible for doing backups, if there is one, is too busy doing something else, someone is using the computer when it's time for a backup or they simply forget. Since remote backups are done with automated software at night when no one is using the computer backups are always done on schedule.
2. Backups are encrypted for complete security. Would you want someone to be able to slip one of your backup tapes into a pocket and take it from your premises? It happens all the time. Tape back ups are not generally encrypted so anyone can read them and gain access to your client database, billing records, payroll, tax information and everything else on your computer. Our remote backup system encrypts all data for compete security. Nobody, not even, our employees can read your data, only you.
3. Finally and most importantly, backups are immediately sent off site and stored safely away from the computer, and the business. This is where almost every business makes its biggest mistake. Even if you do everything else perfectly, your backups are of little use if your building burns or if you're unable to physically recover your tapes from the premises. Most small companies that do backups leave the tapes in the building where they can be destroyed right along with the computer.
Our remote storage solution is a complete Online Backup solution including both client and backup storage. We give businesses the ability to setup a cost-effective internal backup solution for laptops, desktops and servers. The Client software can easily be configured. Redundant File Elimination and predefined backup configurations can be used by every user to automatically backup only important data each day without intervention.